Monday, December 19, 2011

Chicken in red wine served with plain white rice

I used skinless and boneless chicken thighs

4/5 chicken thighs
1 cup red wine
1/4cup ketchup
1/4cup BBQ sauce
Packet brown gravy mix
Cup of baby carrots
Cup of baby onions
Cup of frozen peas
Dash of smoked paprika
Webbers kickin chicken
Water

Place wine, brown gravymix, ketchup, BBQ sauce, smoked paprika and kickin chicken in a Dutch oven or casserole dish.
Mix everything together until well mixed. Add chicken carrots and onions.
Again everything together until all coated
I covered with foil and baked at 250 f or 120 c for around 2 1/2 hours.
Remove from over add peas and about s cup of water.
Return to oven for a further 20 minutes.

I would normally cook something like this in the crockpot, but as today was cold I wanted the smells of cooking and the nice warm kitchen to go with it lol

Next time I will add mushrooms and white pepper

No comments: