Monday, December 19, 2011

Easy meatballs in a cranberry and ketchup sauce

We had guests over and I did a buffet help yourself type food.
I added the meatballs to the menu at the end as I wanted something hot served.
They were a hit!

Meatball
2lb of ground meat (I used 1/2 turkey 1/2 pork)
Generous shake of onion powder
Generous shake of paprika
1/2 amount of a whisked egg (one whole egg is to much)
2 dessert spoons of corn meal


Sauce
1 can of whole cranberries
1 1/2 cups of ketchup
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
Dash of cayenne pepper

Small amount of oil for frying


Mix all of the meatball ingredient together making sure that mixture is not too wet
Roll into balls I find I can make about 40 ish with this mixture.
In a frying pan heat the oil and fry the meatballs have slightly browned on the outside.
In a crockpot add all the ingredients for the sauce.
Mix together. Add meatballs and stir so all the meatballs are coated. Cook on low for about 4 hours.

No comments: