Monday, August 29, 2011

Tangy pork, Almond milk and my version of a pancake

Well I did manage to make at least dishes from scratch last week so I am pretty pleased with myself.
Over the weekend we just hung out and ate out. I did cook last night (Sunday) we had breakfast for dinner, nothing from scratch though.

Tangy Pork
Pork tenderloin (I think around 1 ½ - 2 lbs)
1 large onion sliced
1 cup of hot water
¼ cup of sugar
2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon of ketchup/Tomato sauce
2 tablespoons of soya sauce
½ teaspoon of ground pepper
A pinch of salt

Slice onions and place on the bottom of the Crockpot/slow cooker
Place tenderloin on top of the onions.
Mix all the other ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
Pour mix over the tenderloin and cook on low for around 5-6 hours


Almond milk
2/3 of a cup of raw almonds
2 /3 of a cup of water
4 cups of water

In a bowl add the almonds and the 2/3 of a cup of water and leave for a couple of hours.
The Almonds will swell (when swollen they make about a cup of almonds)
Drain away excess water.
Place almonds in a blender and add 4 cups of water and blitz until as smooth as you can get the mixture.
Sieve the mixture into a glass container. (I use a cheese cloth as well as the sieve)
Refrigerate

I use the almond milk on my breakfast oatmeal. I heat it up as I would normal milk.
It does not last very long may be 3-4 days max!

Wendy’s sort of pancakes
1 cup of all purpose/plain flour
2 eggs
½ cup of milk
½ cup of water
Pinch of salt
2 tablespoons of melted butter

Mix all the ingredients together until smooth.
Pour small amounts into a very hot griddle/frying pan.
Cook each side for a couple of minutes

These don’t come out like a big fluffy pancake nor are they crepes.
They can be quiet dense but my family love them with chocolate chips added






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting points. Thanks!

My site:
Rachat de credit www.rachatdecredit.net

michelleaust said...

The Tangy Pork sounds yummy